Wednesday, December 12, 2007

My Favorite Music Videos: Fatboy Slim - "Weapon of Choice"

Welcome to the first in what's likely to be quite an extended series. I'll be posting my favorite videos, new and old, but we all know they'll be mostly old. Frankly, I'm not the MTV watcher I once was, so expect mainly videos from the early 2000s and before. I promise I'll do my best to seek out some newer selections too.

Let's take a trip back to the year 2000, sophomore year of college for me. I still remember how excited I would get when I caught this video starting while I got ready to head off to my morning classes. Such a simple concept for a video, and yet so very enjoyable. I'll admit that my opinion on this matter may be strongly influenced by my love of Christopher Walken, but I don't think I'm alone on that one.

According to Wikipedia, the lead vocals are by Bootsy Collins? I just learned something new! Wiki also provided this little gem:
"According to an interview on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, Walken got the inspiration for certain dance moves by observing raccoons."
And now you ask yourself, "What bit of valuable knowledge did I just push out of my brain by learning this fact?"

Without further ado, Mr. Walken, take it away.


No comments: