Thursday, December 6, 2007

I Dig Music

Forgive me, but nothing truly epic is coming to mind for a mission statement here. I wanted to dedicate a blog to music, which may mean anything from waxing nostalgic about my favorite musical decade - the 90s - to reporting from the front lines of as many NYC karaoke bars as I can. You'll see that I like to rank things and make lists. I also revel in making fun of bad lyrics and appreciating the better ones. Perhaps a review here, a long lost (or never found) music video there. And I will definitely suggest artists/albums/songs that I am obsessed with - do with this info what you will.

Above all - I want feedback! I hope for this to be an open forum of sorts, especially when it comes to ranking, interpreting, sharing ridiculous psychological assocations. We're all friends here, so fear not.


This introduction still needs something, though
. When in doubt, why don't we turn to the immortal words of Prince?
Dearly Beloved...
We are gathered here today
to get through this thing called LIFE.
Electric word "life", it means forever
and that's a mighty long time
but I'm here to tell you
there's something else ... the afterworld
a world of never ending happiness
you can always see the sun, day or night.
So when you call up that shrink in Beverly Hills --
you know the one ... Dr. Everything'll be alright.
'stead of asking him how much of your time is left
ask him how much of your mind, baby
'cause in this life things are much harder than in the afterworld
in this life you're on your own!
and if the elevator tries to bring you down
go crazy... punch a higher floor!
Happy reading,
Kim

Listening to: Thom Yorke - "And It Rained All Night"

1 comment:

SPG said...

Post about Kamp Kool summer, please!