Friday, December 7, 2007

After all this time...

I don't know how many of you remember a wondrous show called "Pop-Up Video" that aired on VH-1 in the mid-to-late 90s. I myself never understood why this show faded away and then disappeared completely from the network. For one thing, it was one of the last bastions of showing music videos in their entirety (imagine that!). And though the mostly useless pop-up facts were often phrased as lame puns, it was still damn entertaining when you were lounging around in the afternoon.

Well looks like VH-1 wised up a bit - with a little searching I found an archive of 47 original Pop-up videos on the VH-1 website. Some of these are very vivid to me, as I probably watched certain episodes well over 10 times during those lazy days (Holy crap, how many times have I seen the Pop-up version of U2's "One"?? Or "Losing My Religion", for that matter). Well now I can be lazy again. And so can you! Check out the archive here.

Sometimes the Internet plus my at-work ADD makes for magical results.


Listening to: Queen - "Killer Queen"

1 comment:

Adrian said...

Oooo I totally remember the Pop-Up Videos on VH1. They were excellent times. However, I overwhelmingly prefer I love the 80s. That was crack on TV. I recall many days of coming back from school seeing it was on and losing hours. Joined, of course, by my roommates. We'd swear just half and hour, but that turned into "hey 1986 is coming up."
Site now bookmarked. Thanks Kim

Adrian