Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Supremes Deserve Their Own Post

Listening to The Supremes forces me to dance around my apartment whether I plan to or not. Before I know it, I'm all hip and shoulder action, performing for an audience of no one. The music's good enough to make me forget how Diana Ross turned out kinda batshit crazy. (I can make fun of her all I want, lady's still supposedly worth $150 million.)

For my own edification and yours, I tried looking up the names of the other two Supremes, but there have been about 9 women who have fit that description over the years. So much for that.

This is honestly one of my very favorite bands, so I couldn't post just one song. Titles with punctuation are where it's at!

Come See About Me (1964)

Where Did Our Love Go? (1964)

Stop! In the Name of Love (1965)

Also, "You Keep Me Hangin' On" certainly deserves an honorable mention for such timeless lyrics. During a post-breakup phase last summer, I was impressed that a song from 1966 could capture my sentiments so precisely. Right on, ladies.

No comments: